Monday, July 19, 2010

Do You See Yourself the Way God Sees You?

It's time christians view themselves as God sees them. Talking to a christian today, I pointed out the redemption through Jesus' sacrifice. I pointed out that He did not "blot out" our sin, but destroyed it. It's not there any longer. "I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins." (Isaiah 43:25) "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:12)


He says He will not remember our sin any longer. I asked this person, "Do you believe that God sees you without sin?" The answer was, "No. I think about sins I've committed." I asked if they thought God was pointing those sins out. The answer was, "Yes." I pointed out that God says He will not remember our sins. "So," I asked, "if you are thinking of your sins, and God is not remembering them, who is pointing them out?" Revelation 12:10 tells us that Satan is the accuser of the brethren. God is not making the accusations, God is our redeemer. A "light bulb" turned on.


We must walk in a TRUE knowledge of God. He is NOT out to "get" us. He redeemed us. Because of our redemption, He views us in the light of His plan and purpose for us. Gideon did not see Himself as God saw him. Gideon saw himself as the least in his family. God saw him as a valiant warrior. God viewed him according to God's plan and purpose for him. How do you see yourself? Are you seeing yourself the way God does? Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."


Instead of being sin conscious, we need to be conscious of our righteousness. Jesus did a complete work. His sacrifice fully satisfied God. Walk in His righteousness that He provided for you. In doing so, you give Him glory and honor.


May God continue to bless you, and make you a blessing to others,

Bishop Dennis Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment